Mum & Baby Yoga
Baby yoga is a natural progression from baby massage. These classes create a warm and friendly atmosphere, promoting enjoyment and confidence in the handling of babies and in ways of relating to our children.
Babies have open hearts and minds and are ready to embrace new experiences. The shared experience for both parent and baby encourages early bonding and creates a secure and happy foundation of well-being.
What the classes cover
This is a space to develop mutual respect and understanding and be rewarded with expression of pleasure and delight. Baby yoga provides the stimulation of touch, movement and rhythm, as well as the benefits of deep relaxation. The series of sequences encourage flexibility and bring balance and harmony to the body systems. Each movement supports the baby’s individual development, strengthening the physical body and maintaining flexibility. Tactile stimulation contributes to the development of the brain and the nervous system.
Baby yoga can help to settle babies and to improve sleep patterns. The movements and massage will aid digestion and give relief to colicky babies. Yoga will promote normal healthy growth preventing many problems from occurring.
My baby yoga class is combined with postnatal yoga for mum. Dads are very welcome too and will benefit equally from the yoga and the interaction with their baby.
There is time for a chat and to form new friendships. A wonderful opportunity to find the support you may need through the first months and to have some fun with your baby too! This class allows both mums/dads and babies to exercise together. I therefore suggest you wear comfortable, practical clothes in which you will be able to stretch and move freely.
Benefits of Baby Yoga
- Can increase your baby’s body awareness and confidence as they grow
- Promotes and maintains flexibility and suppleness of their muscles and joints
- Can strengthen your baby’s spine
- Gives your baby a feel for exercise and physical stimulation
- The movement supports and promotes development of their vestibular system (The vestibular system contributes to balance and to the sense of spatial orientation)
- The specially designed exercises help baby to develop co-ordination of the brain and body
- Supports and helps to regulate baby’s sustaining systems, including breathing, circulation, digestion, and elimination
- The classes provide an opportunity for you to exercise with your baby
- Teaches both you and your baby how to relax by providing shared relaxation time at the end of each session
“Thank you for all the support you have given me through my pregnancy and the first steps of my journey into motherhood. Your advice and friendship has been invaluable; simply having an experienced mother to listen has helped me and my daughter immensely! Your teaching has helped to calm me and shown me how to rationalise and deal with my fears…” Leanne